Public Articles Home » Browse Public Articles » The naturist story of Suzanne the editor of Naturist Life magazine and co-founder of the Shabden Leisure Circle

The naturist story of Suzanne the editor of Naturist Life magazine and co-founder of the Shabden Leisure Circle


As part of ANW's want to enhance understanding and appreciation of naturism we are sharing a selection of articles and interviews with ANW members exploring naturism around the world. ANW believes in safeguarding naturism with a genuine, healthy and respectful approach to social nudity and in doing so has an ever growing membership of friendly and appropriate users.

We also believe that naturism unites us and connects us. Beyond national boundaries, age, gender, religion sexual orientation and culture. These articles aim to show our connect through our mutual respect and understanding of social nudity. Inspiring people to get involved with naturism and the various naturist opportunities the world has to offer. 

We welcome Suzanne the editor of Naturist Life magazine and co-founder of the Shabden Leisure Circle to ANW.

It is with great pleasure that Suzanne shares her amazing story here. 


On February 14th Shabden 2022 celebrated its 35th anniversary.


David had been a naturist since his childhood but, while I was aware of naturist clubs during my teenage years, first near North Cray where I went riding and also out near Longfield where I went cycling with friends, we never did find those clubs.


So it was that long hot summer of 1976 when I was working at the Chalfont Centre that I went with a group of residents to the holiday home at Earnley, near Bracklesham Bay. It was very relaxed with myself and the two care assistants that went with me in swimwear and working with the residents to prepare meals and also go for walks – we had been taken by coach so had no transport. It was a hard fortnight so I asked if I could stay in the small caravan located there for my holiday. I had heard about the naturist beach and a couple of days later set off along the beach on what was one of those days; hot but with a sea mist. A fair walk to the east I came along the first naturists and settled down next to a groyne and dispensed with my bikini and relaxed. Some of the others came and talked to me and I felt so relaxed I fell asleep. Now I had a lovely tan but even suncream was not enough to protect those areas that had not seen the light of day so I suffered terrible sunburn. Something you would not expect when the sun is hidden in the haze, but lesson learnt – painfully.


Back at the Chalfont Centre I was ragged horribly by the other nursing staff but one tipped me off about a club just down the road and within walking distance. So I made my first visit to a club – Diogenes – and was made to feel welcome and was shown round but every time I tried to make an appointment for a further visit I was fobbed off. Despite having a good position as a nursing sister it seemed my marital status (or lack of) was the barrier – such a shame. I can assure readers Diogenes is not like that any more but it was not until later that I actually joined a landed club; Manere, near Leatherhead. It was basic and because of my shifts I tended to go during the week so often I was the only one there.


It was about 1981 that I joined Singles Outdoor Club (SOC) but again my shifts meant that I was unable to get to any activities because when they were close enough I was working. Then a local member persuaded me to go with him to Eureka – if that had been my first experience of naturism I would not be a naturist now! But he then suggested I go on the SOC group holiday to South Hants in 1985 and made the arrangements – they were not what I expected when I got there and others rallied around making sure I had bedding.


David was very much my saviour and we started hanging out and went on outings before making arrangements to meet up at Charnwood Acres for the Central Council for British Naturism (CCBN) AGM in September after which we were going to visit Sheplegh Court in Devon for a holiday. It was there our relationship developed and we continued to talk and meet over the next few months with David moving down from Norwich to Surrey to my home, Shabden Cottage.


We managed to get to another couple of SOC meet ups and then did the newsletter for them – after all, many people could not get to events so this was the way of keeping them in touch. It was typed and then churned out on an old Gestetner machine. Again my shifts were a problem so we started organising social evenings in our tiny cottage. There were good turnouts – I think it was the food – and one night we had thirty people – nowadays I cannot work out how they fitted in but I remember one person with his leg in plaster slept under the dining table and another on top.


We were married on 9 May 1996, a wedding not only attended by our family and friends (including naturist) but also all of the ladies from the home where I was Team Manager (Matron) who were transported by friends in the Red Cross (where I was a Branch Officer).


We honeymooned in Portugal and found a beach where we could go nude not far from our accommodation and spent the day there complete with picnic lunches.


The following year, on 14 February 1987, at another of our social evenings, we launched the idea of forming our own club and thus Shabden Leisure Circle was born – we still have two of those original members with us, David and Gerry. The idea was that, because of my shifts that we would coordinate activities and perhaps organise a few ourselves but with the majority of activity leading being done by the members. It sort of worked initially and several members also held socials in their own homes whilst others arranged visits to clubs. I know that some of them were invited to join clubs after those visits and Diogenes increased its quota of single men just so one of our members could join them.


Later in the year we had applied to join CCBN and went to a meeting of the Southern Region committee to be interviewed by them. We were at something of a disadvantage – no land, no swim – but Don and Peggy Graham supported us and we were voted in. I was never on the regional committee but through Don and Peggy we were introduced to Alan McCombe who invited me to join the publications group for CCBN’s magazine. From there I started doing some public relations work and David became a Members’ Rep.


This was in the days when renewals were done manually and a stamp was stuck on membership cards and the rep held votes at CCBN AGM in proportion to the number of members in their area. One of the downsides was people turning up on the doorstep at all hours wanting to renew because they needed membership to go on holiday.


I was eventually elected as PRO (Public Relations Officer) – for some reason the male dominated EC would not co-opt me. I also took on the work of the R&LO (Research and Liaison Officer) an almost defunct role dealing with such things as beaches, people in trouble with police over material they had and changes to legislation. As PRO we sent our regular media releases by post (the internet was not really around until the mid 1990s) and we gained a lot of publicity especially for our Members’ rally and World Naturist Day. I had a chart up in my office to try and coordinate all the radio interviews I was doing. Sometimes I went into a local studio and then connected with one regional programme after another. Then there was television – so many programmes that Ibecame the face and cuddly body of naturism in the UK.


I suppose the biggest programme was the Open Space one Full Frontal which went out at 7.40pm on 16 December 1992 on BBC2 with no pixilation. If you have never participated in the making of a half hour documentary you will not realise the amount of work that goes into it with the director expecting you to be at their beck and call at a moment’s notice. Sadly, because of the time of the year it was to be filmed and screened we couldn’t have the usual shots of people lazing in the sun so took the approach of individual stories with myself being the link person.


It was shot on film which is less forgiving than digital formats that were coming into use so sometimes there were problems because of the light, especially the sequence taking whole day down at Studland. The light was flat, they took forever waiting for gaps in the clouds and we had to keep repeating shots. They got me to lay in the dunes for some arty farty shots with the grass waving (and me getting bitten by sand flies) and Bernard was sat on the beach at the edge of the water with the waves rippling around his nether regions which froze as Laura wanted shots of parts of his anatomy. It did not work out and very little was used. They wanted to do it again – I refused so they shot the link pieces in my tiny lounge in Shabden Cottage. They wanted a fire, OK so we lit it. That along with lights meant even I was in danger of getting heat stroke – and you didn’t even get a glimpse of the fire anyway.


Fortunately for me others were roped in for various segments including Anne Daniels and Ron and Anne Twining. A group of us went to the Tate where we had to be escorted at all times and we compared how the nude in art seems to be acceptable while the human body in the flesh is not. There were problems getting permission to use a particular piece of music for this section.


At that time the BBC was prepared to pay some expenses and actually hired Dorking Leisure Centre so that all of the people attending that segment of the programme were comfortable to be seen on camera. Now it is not difficult to find people but we had to get people to come from all round the country.


I was allowed to view the cut version before airing and asked for one piece to be removed and was told no; in the end they had to remove it before being allowed to air. There was masses of publicity not only in the TV magazines but also the press and on radio which generated a huge audience. I remember we had well over a thousand enquiries and I replied to every single one that gave an address and membership of CCBN increased dramatically.


There were lots of other smaller segments of programmes, but TV work can be boring: lots of hanging around and repeats. I cannot remember how many times I walked around a bush in Sunfolk to ‘bump into’ Pattie Caldwell, who told me her garden was secluded so she could sunbathe naked with only the neighbouring cows popping their heads over the hedge. Another time in Sunfolk we filmed 3 minutes for which I was joined by Anne Daniels and Ann Twining (both of whom had been on the Open Space programme). Now the cameras did cutaways with the two Ann(e)s so they could refer to notes but I did mine as one piece – now I am not an actress and trying to remember a straight piece is difficult – we did it in one take but when it was aired I picked up that my eyes kept flicking up.


I suppose the most amusing piece was the April Fools we filmed for Anglia television near Broadlands. Again we had to ship in people as the locals were somewhat reluctant. Story line was a supermarket was opening one evening a week for naturist shopping – so they had us going round the shelves, looking in the freezers and checking out – with carefully arranged baskets etc. David has family in and around Norwich so we warned them in advance it was an April Fool. Thing is when they saw it they did not believe us - they thought it was true and we were fooling them!


On another front we were invited by the FFN (Federation Francaise de Naturisme) to help them on their exhibition stands and also in their tourist office in London to help promote naturist holidays. Eventually (a long story) when the FFN reduced the number of exhibitions CCBN, took its own stand for many years both in London, Birmingham and Bristol. Initially we were seen as something different and gained a lot of air time but eventually became part of the furniture. It was amusing when people circled round the stand from a distance and then, when they thought we were distracted, came in and took brochures. The exhibitions were also a good place to meet with and chat to members and we always had a stock of books and magazines on sale as well as stacks of brochures. Exhibitions are hard work – there is just something about them that leaves you looking at the clock wishing that last hour was over so you could go and have a shower, something to eat and put your feet up.


Meantime with Shabden we were busy organising holidays – one was by train to La Grande Cosse with Club Holidays. Train would have been OK if we had just had naturists with us but one of the naturists in the same compartment (Eddie) decided to undress – caused uproar and he was removed to a seat in an ordinary carriage. Breakfast was not good and brought round in black sacks. However we were met off the train by Alan and Hilary and had an excellent fortnight. Sadly my ME which by then caused me to take early retirement meant I was not up to joining in the activities even after being confined to bed for several days after arriving. ME was little understood at that time so people were not particularly understanding about my not joining in such activities as volleybounce.


Another of our early trips was to Flevo Natuur in the Netherlands with its characteristic holiday rental buildings. There was quite a crowd of us travelling in several cars but we were able to get out and explore the surrounding countryside. The small farm by one of the lakes was popular with both children and adults.


When I became the representative for France 4 we started visiting their centres and when Euronat joined that became a favourite with a large group visiting in June. Another place that was popular was Sablière and one year we had David in his camper van, myself in my car plus several other cars and we twinned this with a visit to Bélèzy, which although a couple of hours, away is a very different terrain.


Riva Bella is a favourite of mine and even though my mobility is poor I still enjoy walking with the llamas in the big park and being right on the beach – a gently sloping beach just right for that early morning swim. Corsica has changed a lot since our first visits. It was quite wild then with signposts peppered with bullet holes – partly because then they were only in French. Now they are in Corsu as well. I remember one day we were in the mountains and stopped for coffee and the very pleasant barista who looked fierce had a sten gun at the back of the counter. Then you couldn’t get fresh milk except in one or two large supermarkets.


Now it is available everywhere and as well as on site there is now a large supermarket just down the road in Aleria. In recent years I pop into town early and get bread and breakfast at the boulangerie before getting fresh food in the supermarket. One memorable holiday was to Monte Marina apartments on Fuerteventura, somewhere I would love to return to. We did a lot of exploring and geocaching is a great way of discovering places that perhaps are not in the guide books. One day three of us (myself, David and Phil) went over to the west coast and what a memorable day that was – one I very nearly did not survive. There were lots of rocks and a little way out to sea was the shipwreck of the American Star (finally taken by the ocean in 2007) with the waves breaking over it. A perfect photo opportunity! So I was standing behind some rocks when there was an enormous wave which lifted me up and started dragging me out to sea – the undertow was tremendous and I thought that was it! It took some time for David to realise I was not fooling around and then the two lads came rushing to my rescue at which point I started worrying about my crocs which were floating away. Apart from lots of scratches I was fine and the rest of the holiday passed without major excitement.


About ten years ago I went on holiday to Argentina, meeting up with a family whom I had met through playing war games on the internet. Argentina does not have many opportunities for naturism but after a couple of days in Buenos Aires Luciana and I headed to the coast and a short bus ride from where we were staying found the naturist beach. We were warmly welcomed by the person who owned a restaurant and private pool above the beach and were treated to a meal, free sunbeds on the beach. Lucy did not join me in getting kit off but neither was she at all bothered by others.


When I became President of CCBN I had the opportunity to visit clubs overseas both for INF meetings and also on a couple of occasions to the FFN AGM. Switzerland was interesting as there are two federations who joined together to be represented at international level. One was vegetarian, no drinking or smoking in their clubs whereas they were not forbidden in the others. The club that hosted was the former so many people popped out down the road for their quota of alcoholic beverages in the evenings. Whilst partners had outings arranged the meetings were hard work and even the socialising in the evenings was a chance to build knowledge of the way other federations work. I had gone back to college to improve my French and learn German so that I understood more of what was being said. (Somehow I managed to involve naturism in my German oral exam - both through vegetarianism and also sport.)


Athena was another club we visited, a little different as, although in Belgium, it is approached through the Netherlands. Another meeting was in the Netherlands where I thoroughly enjoyed the pickled herring etc, but my companions did not! Rutar Lido in Austria was another holiday centre used for a meeting but again I did not see much outside the meetings.


Because of my contacts we were also invited to join an international group for a holiday on the island of Agistri. It was a chance to exchange information about naturism in other countries.


One year we invited Philipe Cardin, President of the French Federation, to our AGM at South Hants. We shared mobile homes to reduce costs (rather than the lovely hotel they put me up in when I visited them) but he enjoyed the visit and his English was so much better than when he had used it previously. He was invited to make a speech but was reluctant to make it in English and, although I offered to translate, he wanted someone else to do it so James Myles stepped up. Now I understood what was being said before the translation and was surprised, embarrassed even, as he spoke about me and the work I had been doing for naturism. He then presented me with the Medaile d’Honneur, the highest award the French give and which is rarely given. I was only the second British person to receive it, Jack from the Naturist Foundation being the first.


When I stood down as President of BN I was made an honorary Vice President, again a title rarely given and, at the time there were only two other holders – Gerry Ryland and Eric Holmes.


We had visits to lots of clubs and places in the UK, sadly some of which are no longer available for naturists – Brighton, South Hants, Charnwood Acres, Merryfields, Sheplegh Court, BDOC, Manere, Surrey Downs, Melles Court, North Devon Club, Mill Bank (original location), Stadhampton, Sun Glen, Moonrakers, Marguerite, Brighton, Aztecs, Four Seasons and Singles Outdoor Club, whose visits to clubs helped a lot of single men introduce themselves and gain membership. David and I did join White House Club in 1987 but our shifts meant we could not always go as a couple which again in those days was somewhat frowned upon.


One memorable visit to Broadlands – a whole gang of us – and the two Davids rescued someone who was drowning in their pool – he recovered. We have been to Broadlands on many occasions and enjoyed our visit every time.


David has fond memories of Telford as he was one of the early visitors there and remembers helping to clear some of the mounds of debris from its days as a mine. By the time we visited as a couple, one autumn, the old buildings had been adapted and it was a thriving club with plenty of space to wander the wooded undulating grounds which were full of wildlife.


We always received a warm welcome at The Valley Club which at times had problems with vandalism. Beautifully maintained it is a perfect base for the Tour of Yorkshire and Harrogate with the famous Betty’s teashop.


Sunglen, near Ashford ,was a lovely place. It had been even lovelier in the past when there were lots of facilities including a pool, sauna, plunge pool, nice clubhouse etc but vandalism ended that and even though when Eric and Eileen Holmes and two friends purchased it the vandalism continued. It was such a shame as it was relatively easy to get to and the people who visited were great.


Over the years we visited Surrey Downs, first with SOC and then as Shabden. It was accessed through another campsite and had good facilities and they were always up for a good party. I remember one of their members who had an excellent voice serenading us in the sauna. But the lease came to an end and the campsite wanted their land back so another excellent facility was lost.


Valerian on the Isle of Wight is well worth a visit. On a couple of occasions it was just for a day visit but then for longer visits. It really is a haven not only for naturists but also for birds (lots of bird tables and feeders) and the red squirrels which we see so rarely on mainland UK. In spring though it is the wild orchids that are a feast for the eyes. Interestingly I never saw any valerian growing there. The club has continued to develop and in more recent years now has electricity but in 1994 when I was President of BN that was a dream for the future, but I was invited to open their new clubhouse and they put up a plaque to commemorate it. It was always good to meet up with Rex Watson (Editor BN magazine) there for relaxing strolls in the grounds. For the steam railway buffs there is Havenstreet station just a short walk away.


Many beaches were too remote for me with my ME but Leysdown was easy as it was direct access from the track alongside and perhaps this year we may be able to arrange a visit to my local beach at Dengemarsh once I can sort out the firing days on the ranges.


We did arrange some walks – we called them Shabden Strolls – and they were designed for those whose health and mobility meant although they enjoyed a walk it could not be too long and not too fast and on a good surface.


We invited people to our home, first at Shabden Cottage and then to our bungalow at Lydd on Sea where we had an above ground pool, hot tub and table tennis as well as a patio area for eating our barbecues. We even had visitors from America (Cec Cinder) and New Zealand (Kay and Brian) as well as our own members.


Prior to moving to Lydd on Sea I used an inheritance to purchase a piece of woodland in Sussex which we called Sanawar (after my grandmother’s house and where my mother went to school). We enjoyed several years there before the planners refused permission and we had to clear everything from it.


We had been travelling as a club to places such as Alton and Abingdon (the latter being quite a haul) which were both packed and popular, so felt another venue may add to the opportunities for naturists so we managed to gain use of the leisure suite at Doynings sports centre in Redhill – and rounded off the evening with a meal in a local restaurant, but we needed more so one day I just popped into Dorking and asked to speak to someone about private hire. I came straight out with it and my jaw dropped when straight away with no questions the manager was OK but there was a challenge in that the fitness end was a separate concern but the swim manager spoke to them and so our first swim went ahead – with the swim manager wearing nothing but a beanie hat! It was very popular and I did the catering – a large range of sandwiches plus cakes and drinks. We had a team of masseurs giving 20 minute back, shoulder, neck massages – and they were always fully booked. The bar was always crowded towards the end of the evening.


We had lots of people volunteering to help and it was a great evening so much so that when Paul Ross came down to record a program turned up as usual – we did make sure that camera angles and filming were such that people could avoid them if they wished. Sadly, when the council decided to build a new centre it had massive windows so was not suitable.


Later we took over Leatherhead which had previously been run by Surrey Downs. Leatherhead was always a difficult venue as it had a late start time of 8.30 and we had to wait for other private bookings to be clear before we could go in so whilst there were huge queues at first the numbers dropped off and eventually Surrey Downs gave up. We did try to get it going again with entrance monies being paid directly to the centre but again we had problems with the previous booking not clearing quickly enough and the 8.30 start was late for some families so sadly we stopped using the centre.


Another centre we hired was Tenterden, a lovely pool with a wave machine. We had quite a good turnout and on a couple of occasions Susan Mayfield came and visited. For some reason some people confused the two of us but I have always used my name (even when remarrying), whereas her real name was Val Winyard. Again this centre was lost when, because of demand, they increased the amount of fitness equipment which was then used even on Saturday evenings. Membership was a better income stream for them.


Alton was another case of trying to get what was once a fabulous busy venue going again after Chris and Sandra Martin needed to give up, partly because of failing health but also a huge reduction in numbers. Originally there were a lot more facilities and a lovely cafeteria which overlooked the swimming pool and there was a bar extension. Sadly the bar went and the cafeteria was replaced by what was really more fast food than a proper meal. Similarly the range of facilities reduced while prices went up. We did try to introduce more activities with a volunteer (Pete) giving an introduction to scuba diving and the more leisurely shuffleboard but it was always a struggle trying to cover the costs and on some occasions even with the raffle we made a loss. We were travelling quite a way to organise these evenings, even further when I moved back to Kent and fractured my ankle badly so if you took into account our other costs such as insurance and travel the loss on each evening was huge. To add to this there was a complaint about one attendee and so many restrictions were placed on the hire that we then decided that fewer would want to attend it was no longer financially viable to continue.


When we moved to Lydd on Sea we approached a local holiday camp, Marlie Farm, and hired their leisure centre – swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna for an evening once month. Later we also hired another leisure centre in the group, Coghurst Hall, near Hastings. Although both were popular we did have problems in breaking even and then a change of senior managers meant they no longer wanted us. It was a shame as they did offer a different location for naturists.


Another of our ventures was to hire the paddle boat Southern Comfort for an evening (nearest to 4th July) on the Norfolk Broads complete with buffet (sometimes catered by myself, sometimes by the paddle boat people) and a disco. The disco guy was quite a character and his animations to the safety spiel before we cast off was hilarious. David has uploaded the video to our website. There was plenty of space and the bar on the lower deck was very popular, as were its prices. We did this for several years barely breaking even but everyone enjoyed the trips. Again this was spoilt by an individual who did not dress before we came to the outskirts of the village and there were complaints. The crew, being local, took a lot of flak so although they enjoyed having us the company would not take more bookings.


When David and I were at Spielplatz just down the road Butterfly World opened and we saw this as another perfect opportunity, and while it was open we welcomed many guests after it closed to the public for the day. The gardens were lovely and well known designers had been involved in the layout of individual areas and then there were wide open areas some with water to attract different species. As the evening wore on it was time to head back towards the butterfly house where we were fascinated when they chose to alight on us although they seemed to prefer the men - must be different pheromones. Another building housed insects some of which we were able to handle but I think most fascinating was the ant house - naughty things one day had chewed through wires causing a major problem (not during our visit). The restaurant was open during our visit and offered a good selection of hot meals and snacks. Such a shame when it closed, never achieving its potential as it was a great asset.


Before moving to Spielplatz David and I had taken part in one of the London WNBRs, something we continued to do when at Spiel. Because my health was failing David would ride in and I would take the train and one year I hired one of the chariots – now WNBR London normally takes place on the same day as Trooping the Colour and, just as I was leaving I had a flash of inspiration – found a hat and my pearls and put on my face. I think I managed the royal wave quite well and everyone really enjoyed it. As my health continued to deteriorate the decision was made for me to move back to the coast whilst David continued with his employment at Spielplatz. In the cleaner air my health improved so much that within a month I had purchased a new bike and a couple of months after that, David and I participated in the first WNBR Canterbury. Sadly another cyclist cut me up and I ended up in hospital with a double fracture and dislocation of my ankle – it was nasty and three operations later it still gives me problems although one year I did manage Ride London somehow.


I suppose another highlight of these years was appearing on the 4th plinth in Trafalgar Square. David had been on it at the start of the 100 days, but I did not put my name forward until a little later and only told him once I had been selected. It was a cold and wet autumn day but the rain stopped as I was trundled out in the cherry picker and raised up very high before it settled on the edge – now this was no mean feat for me, nudity not a problem but heights most definitely.


Setting up the table, computer equipment first I then placed the banner with the Shabden phone number and starting taking calls. David had rigged things so that both sides of the conversation would be heard on the live feed, just about over the sounds of the fountain. I could not really see or hear the people below because of the lights but some of our members had travelled a fair old distance to be there. All too soon the hour was up and as we trundled back across the Square it started raining again.


And then we went off for a well deserved pint! It did not end there as, several times over the following days and weeks I received telephone calls from women who had seen me and were helped that a woman of size should have to confidence to appear nude in a public place. They were helped to have a more positive attitude towards themselves.


Two other events gave us some pleasant outings in more recent years – first it was Streak for Tigers at London Zoo and then after that Bare for Polar Bears at Yorkshire Wildlife Park. For both these events you, our members, very kindly sponsored us and we raised a fair amount over the years to help with the conservation work for these iconic creatures. The last Streak for Tigers we attended had us accompanied – and interviewed– by a team from a Dutch television station who were concentrating on David mainly at Spielplatz.


The staff in Yorkshire always made us feel so very welcome and our contributions were valued (there was no pressure to raise a minimum amount unlike London) and were generous in snacks and drinks before we went on a meander round the park.


Apart from the polar bears there were lots of other animals to see and when we finished they laid on a barbecue which really finished off the evening beautifully. It was good to meet up with people from the north of the country as well. OK, so it’s a fair trek from Lydd to Doncaster but it was worth it and we can hope that this even will resume in 2022.


Despite our increasing age and poor health David and I have continued to work for naturism, even getting this magazine out is no mean feat.


We have made many friends along the way and sadly had to say goodbye – a fact of life as we get older – to too many. This last couple of years has been particularly bad not really because of covid but because of cancer. The number of readers has dropped but we do gain more and hopefully will find others who will help keep the numbers up so we can continue for the next five years at least. After all we have spent all this money on a computer and software that would not need if it were not for the magazine. Thank you for being with us on our journey.

Thank you Suzanne for sharing these memories with the ANW community. You are an inspiration and your journey is a fascinating one. 

ANW welcomes all who are respectful and interested in naturism and invite all genuine naturist organisations, clubs, events, venues and other opportunities to be part of the ANW community and work with us to encourage the growth and acceptance of naturism around the world. If you have any questions email Anna and Steve at [email protected]

© 2023  Naturist Life and All Rights Reserved

To find out more about Shabden Leisure Circle and Naturist Life magazine and to join ANW simply click the box below.